CBS/KCAL News, Los Angeles, CA
June 2010 - August 2010
- Reporter: Responsible for executing story ideas, covering breaking and other news live under tight deadlines, setting up interviews and shoots, interviewing subjects, writing scripts, choosing relevant material for air, voicing and overseeing edit of item.
The Weather Network, Canada
May 2009 - present
- Reporter: Responsible for originating story ideas, setting up interviews and shoots, interviewing subjects, writing scripts, choosing relevant material for air, voicing and overseeing edit of item.
Entertainment Tonight Canada
2009 - present
- Field Producer: Responsible for setting up and directing shoots, as well as interviewing subjects, mainly celebrities, including David Foster and top model Coco Rocha.
Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC)
2006 - present
- Story producer: Responsible for researching news stories, setting up shoots, interviewing subjects, choosing relevant soundbytes, editing footage on desktop DTV system, offering guidance on angle, focus and writing to reporters.
- Senior news writer: Responsible for vetting reporter scripts, writing local and national content under tight deadlines, editing footage to go to air on desktop DTV system.
- Show producer: Responsible for working closely with the anchor to produce the late newscast, assigning stories, setting up interviews, assigning cameras, setting up live hits, feeds, lining up show and taking show to air.
Canadian Television (CTV)
2003 - 2007
- Reporter: Responsible for originating, writing, interviewing and producing news stories, reporting on camera for packaged items, as well as covering breaking news live in the field, in-studio and from news helicopter.
- Health segment producer: Responsible for lining up interviews, interviewing subjects in the field, choosing relevant material to go to air, writing and packaging complete item.
- Reporter: Responsible for originating, writing, interviewing and producing news stories, reporting on camera for packaged items as well as live on location and in-studio.
Shaw TV Vancouver
2000 - 2002
- Reporter: Responsible for generating story ideas daily, researching, writing, voicing, and overseeing the edit of items for daily evening newscast.
- Anchor, Sub: Responsible for assigning stories to reporters, assigning shooters, writing intros, lining up newscast and presenting show on-air.
Ryerson University, Toronto
Post-Graduate, Bachelor of Journalism
University of British Columbia
Bachelor of Arts, Major in English Literature
- trained in basic editing on Avid Instinct & Assist
- trained on INews and Newstar
- 2007 RTNDA award for best newscast: produced and packaged item on the environmental impact of an oil spill for CTV News
National magazine, freelance writer
Present/Globe and Mail special sections
National newspaper, freelance writer
1999-2000/The Vancouver Sun
General assignment reporter
Virgin Radio, 95.3FM, Vancouver
May 2009 - present
- Traffic reporter and afternoon drive-show co-host (Sub)
Supernatural, "Free To Be You And Me" ~ 2009
Not Another Damn Musical, Short Film ~ 2009
Conflict Resolution, Animated Short ~ 2009
1999/The Toronto Star
Crime, policing and court coverage; intern
1998/The Ottawa Citizen
General assignment reporter; internto add text.